Graded members and fellows of the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) have been granted a rare privilege to write the respected Certified Safety Professional (CSP) examination in Nigeria and at hugely discounted price.
The ISPON President, Dr. Nnamdi Ilodiuba, disclosed this in a circular forwarded to members of the institute and sent to Safety Record Newspaper on Thursday, August 23.
According to the circular, the opportunity came as a result of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between ISPON and America’s Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP), the body that organises the exam.
Read circular below:
CSP EXAMINATION REGISTRATION AND PREPARATORY WORKSHIP
Dear Professional Colleagues,
Above subject matter refers. As you already know, with the ISPON/BCSP MOU, graded members and fellows of ISPON can apply to BCSP and write the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Exam directly without writing the ASP Exam. To expand ISPON members’ prospects of being global players in occupational health and safety, ISPON has arranged with BCSP to offer members a very rare opportunity that would enable them register and take CSP examinations here in Nigeria. Below are the modalities that have been put in place for the benefit of ISPON members:
- ISPON members interested in the CSP certification are to register for this offering (CSP examination and preparatory workshop). After registering, ISPON/BCSP will facilitate a bulk/lump processing of fees (Application and CSP Examination fees) to eliminate the situation of payment decline from debit cards issued by Nigerian banks. Individuals will thereafter open profiles ON BCSP Certification Management System and submit details and credentials directly to BCSP. That is, BCSP will set up a group management account for ISPON in the BCSP system.
- BCSP has agreed to grant massive discount of $100 for ISPON members’ application fees; i.e candidates to pay $60 instead of $160. This discount will be applicable to the first thirty (30) ISPON members who must apply on or before September 30, 2018.
- As candidates find it difficult to pass the CSP examinations, probably, because they are not professionally tutored and guided, there would be a CSP Examination Preparatory (Exam Prep) Workshop will include Lectures, sample problems, Tea break, lunch and Discussions on a variety of subjects in the CSP blueprint to prepare candidates for exam. This workshop will hold just before the PDC in collaboration with an Exam Prep material provider/trainer.
- Those who register for the CSP examination and preparatory workshop will receive among other things: SPAN CSP Exam Prep materials (CSP Self-Study Workbook, BCSP-approved calculator and SPAN Online CertBok Access).
- BCSP Representatives will make a presentation on “BCSP Certifications” during the upcoming ISPON professional development conference (PDC) to provide guidance on the certification process, requirements and benefits.
- To register for this offering, a member is to complete a registration form and pay the sum of N290, 000. This covers CSP application fee ($60 discounted), CSP Examination fee ($350), Admin and preparatory workshop with materials (N143, 000 discounted for ISPON members).
- Members are encouraged to take advantage of this unprecedented opportunity to achieve the CSP designation.
Ilodiuba further disclosed that payment for the CSP Examination Registration and Preparatory Workshop can be made to the institute’s account with First Bank of Nigeria.
“Payment for CSP Examination Registration And Preparatory Workshop should be made to: Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria, First Bank account number: 2004129222 and evidence of payment sent to: email@example.com,” Ilodiuba said.