fbpx
27 C
Lagos, NG
Monday, December 16, 2019

“Comply with regulatory standards” – Marketers urge importers of cooking gas cylinders

SON gas cylinders. SAFETY RECORD
The Nigerian Association of Liquefied Petroleum Gas Marketers (NALPGAM) has urged importers of cooking gas cylinders to comply with the standards set by the regulatory agencies to enhance safety in the industry. Its President, Mr. Nosa Ogieva-Okunbor, gave the advice in Lagos on Tuesday while reacting to the recent destruction of over 5,000 substandard Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders by...

SON destroys over 5,000 substandard gas cylinders worth N51m

SON gas cylinders. SAFETY RECORD
The Standard Organisation of Nigeria (SON) on Friday destroyed over 5,000 substandard Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) cylinders worth N51.3 million.

‘Phone call’ sparked Ajegunle gas explosion that killed 2, injured 23 – LASEMA

Ajegunle gas explosion
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) says two fatalities were recorded in a Thursday gas explosion that rocked the Ajegunle area of the state.

Solutions To Mouth Odour You Never Knew

Bad breaths are one of the worst nightmares any person could encounter. Imagine sitting beside a person with a smelly mouth and having to endure him/her speaking to you while you constantly have to shift your nose away from the intangible disaster. Even if you....

Overloading children’s schoolbags can cause spinal cord injury – Experts warn parents

school bag
Medical experts have cautioned parents against heavy schoolbags on children, saying that heavy loads may cause spinal cord injury. Some of the medical practitioners said on Monday in Abuja that parents should avoid packing too many books and other items in children’s schoolbags as most of the bags are carried on the back. Dr. Ewot Ndaeyo, the acting Executive Secretary of...

Road safety: FRSC reveals why mothers must be involved

frsc
The Enugu Sector Command of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has commenced the distribution of fliers containing safety tips as well as state’s emergency security, rescue and medical numbers to assist mothers and their families in times of emergencies. According to the Enugu Sector Commander of FRSC, Ogbonna Kalu, this was part of strategies to ramp up knowledge of...

SON evacuates life-endangering LPG cylinders in Katsina

Standard-Organisation-of-Nigeria-SON-
The Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) says it has nabbed dealers of substandard liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders in Katsina State. State Coordinator of SON, Mohammed Jibril said that the “life-endangering” cylinders were discovered following a tip-off from the Department of State Services (DSS). He disclosed that the cylinders were re-painted and re-marked for sale to unwary consumers, adding that the...

Suicide: Safety Expert Joins Call For Regulation Of ‘Sniper’

Hybrid Group CEO, Dapo Omolade
The Managing Consultant, Hybrid Group, Mr Dapo Omolade, has joined calls for stringent control of distribution of popular insecticide Sniper and other hazardous chemicals in homes and industries. This, some experts have said, would help check the rate of suicides in the country. Omolade, who is a notable safety professional, made the call in a tweet on Monday, June 17. He was...

Dust mite harmful to children – Safety expert warns parents

dust mite
A safety expert, Dr Okunola Olusola, has urged parents to reduce their children’s exposure to household dust to avoid weakening their respiratory system. Olusola, the Deputy Director of World Safety Organisation (WSO), Nigeria Office, disclosed this on Thursday, April 4 in Lagos. He said that parents must keep curtains and windows clean at home to reduce their children’s contact with dust. The...

Candlelight Razes Building, ‘Property worth Millions’ In Enugu

fire
A building and property worth over millions of naira were on Tuesday destroyed when a fire believed to have been caused by candlelight razed down a building housing tenants and shops. The incident occurred in the university town of Nsukka, Enugu State. It was gathered that the fire, which started around 8:30 p.m., was as a result of a candle left...

MOST POPULAR

HOT NEWS