fbpx
24 C
Lagos, NG
Tuesday, September 29, 2020

14 Ways to Minimise Exercise Injury (1)

I can relate to an incident back in the higher institution. I engaged in a lot of sporting activities. I had to be committed to different kinds of exercises, both in the early hours of the morning before class and in the evenings after class. I had to be fit to represent the school in a competition. At a point...

Childproofing Checklist Around the House

Child adoption is parents latest worry of late, leaving them planning endlessly about how to protect their children from these abductions and violence. This has made many parents overlook one of the biggest threats to their children's safety and well-being — their own home. Experts say that children between the ages of 1 and 4 are more likely to be...

Top 5 Kitchen Safety Tips

How to be Safe in the Kitchen
Unarguably, the kitchen is the hub of domestic life, which is ironic considering its potential for safety hazards. A kitchen is a dangerous place. Not only are you working with hot surfaces, and boiling liquid, but you are handling sharp knives and utensils that can injure you in a second. So, let us learn how to stay safe in the...

Candlelight Razes Building, ‘Property worth Millions’ In Enugu

fire
A building and property worth over millions of naira were on Tuesday destroyed when a fire believed to have been caused by candlelight razed down a building housing tenants and shops. The incident occurred in the university town of Nsukka, Enugu State. It was gathered that the fire, which started around 8:30 p.m., was as a result of a candle left...

Boy, 7, Steps On Abandoned Well Covered With Sacks, Drowns

  A seven-year-old boy, Godwin Samuel, Orepeju Close in the Akowonjo area of Lagos on Saturday, lost his life after falling into a well. It was gathered that Godwin left his parents’ residence to play on the street. While playing, he reportedly fell into the well at 6 Orepeju Close, off Olasehinde Crescent, Akowonjo, Lagos. It was learnt that at the time of...

Safety Expert Champions Crusade Against Generator Use In Homes

  A safety expert, Mr Kalu Ottah, has joined the call to discourage use of generating sets within the home. He said using a generator within the home could be an open invitation to disaster and warned against the practice. Ottah made this known against the backdrop of a Tuesday, June 19 incident in Edo State where a woman and five children...

MOST POPULAR

HOT NEWS