25 C
Lagos, NG
Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Research Shows Overexposure To Electronics Worsens Children’s Eyesight

The research which was carried out in China had 72.6 percent of parents complain of their children suffering nearsightedness due to exposure to mobile phones and other electronic gadgets.

Woman Electrocuted While Posing For Photograph

They revealed that electricity was discharged when the woman made contact with the cable overhead.

3 Arrested Over Assault on Enugu Disco Workers

“The hefty men slapped, punched and smashed one of them against the gate when he tried to escape, thereby leaving him in a critical state at the hospital, as a result of the cracked jaw bone injury he sustained,’’ Ezeh said.

Two Men Charged For Assaulting Electricity Worker

Ikeja-Electric
The IKEDC worker, Mr Oluwafemi Balogun, was in the process of disconnecting their power supply at No. 6, Ifesowapo St., in Ogudu area of Lagos, over unpaid electricity bills when the alleged assault took place.

JUST IN: Fire destroys 150MVA TCN transformer in Edo

Fire razes 150MVA TCN transformer in Edo
A Sunday morning fire has damaged a 150MVA transformer belonging to the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) and located at the 330/132/33KVA substation along Sapele Road, Benin in Edo State. According to a witness, Mr Osaigbovo Ikponmwosa, the fire started following an explosion in the transformer at 8am. “We have been here since the fire started and the state fire service...

Electrical safety: EEDC promises prompt repair of faulty installations

“We would want our customers to give us prompt information on faults in their neighbourhoods through our call centre hotlines, our area feeder managers’ or marketers’ phone numbers in their areas.

AEDC Creates Division To Oversee Fault Lines

This, he said, will assist the company in identifying faults long before their staff were even dispatched to carry out the necessary rectifications.

Woman, 58, Electrocuted In Lagos

Woman electrocuted in Lagos
The DPO while informing that the body of the deceased was taken to the Isolo General Hospital mortuary, also noted that had an insulator protector been in place in the building, the incident would have been averted

Ikeja Electric vows to protect staff against assault

Ikeja-Electric
Peeved by incessant attacks on its staff, Ikeja Electric has vowed to ensure the prosecution of anyone that engages in the act. The company made this known in a statement signed by its Head of Corporate Communications, Mr Felix Ofulue and made available to the media on Monday, May 27. He said that the company has zero tolerance for assault on...

AEDC tackles TCN over cause of Apo Transmission fire

Apo transmission fire
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) has disagreed with the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN)'s assessment that one of the Disco's feeders caused the Sunday  fire at the Apo Transmission Station, Abuja. General Manager, Corporate Communications of AEDC, Mr Fadipe Oyebode made the clarification in a Tuesday, April 30 statement. The TCN had in a statement blamed the AEDC's feeder for causing...
- Advertisement -

MOST POPULAR

HOT NEWS