An afternoon fire on Tuesday razed offices at Gusau Local Government Secretariat in Zamfara, but officials said no injuries were reported.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that it took the combined efforts of the local council workers and the state fire service to bring the fire under control.

A correspondent, who visited the secretariat, reports that the offices of the council’s Vice Chairman, Nigeria Immigration Service Director of Agriculture were completely gutted down.

Read Also: Fire Razes Night Club, Shop in Kaduna

Also razed to ashes was the office of the Director of the National Orientation Agency.

Alhaji Nura Musa, Secretary of the local government, told NAN that the disaster was caused by an electrical fault in one of the offices.

“We did not record any casualty and the workers did their best in reducing the magnitude of the fire even before the arrival of the fire servicemen.

“We are happy that the disaster stopped on the offices, but at the moment, we cannot ascertain the cost of what was lost,” the council secretary said.

Let us know

Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2348022417409 facebook: @SafetyRecordNG Twitter: @SafetyRecordNG, Share your story with us: SMS: +2348022417409, Whatsapp: +2348022417409, Email: Report@safetyrecordng.com

LEAVE A REPLY