Although the earliest known descriptions of cancer appear in many ancient Egyptian medical texts, over time, the dreaded disease has taken a devastating turn with WebMD stating that there are over 100 types of cancer.
It has now become important that persons are well aware of the signs of possible cancer in the body before it reaches advanced stages.
In addition, the public also needs to know what to do, or not do, in order to prevent the disease.
According to information from the Harvard Medical School, some clear signs that indicate the presence of cancer in the body include:
- A change in bowel or bladder movements
- A sore that never heals
- Unusual bleeding or discharge of fluid
- Thickening or lump in the breast or other parts of the body)
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing
- Clear change in a wart (a small, fleshy bump on the skin)
- Persistent coughing or abnormal voice change
- Inexplicable weight loss and fatigue
While all of these signs point to the presence of cancer, prevention is widely regarded as a better option to cure. Therefore, it is also important to take note of some prevention tips:
- Vitamin D, according to evidence gathered, may help reduce the risk of prostate cancer, colon cancer, and other malignancies. It is therefore advisable to get as much Vitamin D as possible.
- Consuming overly large volumes of alcohol increases the risk of cancers of the mouth, larynx (voice box), esophagus (food pipe), liver, and colon, as well as increases a woman’s risk of breast cancer.
- Smoking also contributes to the growth of this disease as excess tobacco intake aids malignant tumour.
- Weight watch is also advisable as being obese boosts the chances of cancer in the body.
- Balanced diet is very essential as it is the foundation of sound health and a perfectly working body.
- Perform exercises regularly to keep the body fit and in shape. Yoga routines in-between will do no harm.
- Last but not least, regularly observe siesta. Take out time every day to sleep properly. Not just night time rest but also during the day.