A picture of a storey building gutted fire behind Tejuosho Market, Lagos on Thursday
A picture of a storey building gutted fire behind Tejuosho Market, Lagos on Thursday

The Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, has said that Thursday’s fire incident at the popular Tejuosho market was caused by a power surge in one of the shops.

Oke-Osanyintola added that the fire later spread to other shops in the affected building.

He added that two persons were injured in the incident.

According to him, the fire was put out by rescue officials and men of the Lagos State Fire Service.

Oke-Osanyintolu said that the intensity of the fire had caused physical cracks of the building.

He, however, said that no loss of life but two male adults sustained injuries.

Read Also: Gas flaring: Reps c’ttees to investigate impact, ensure compliance of laws

Let us know

Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2348022417409 facebook: @SafetyRecordNG Twitter: @SafetyRecordNG, Share your story with us: SMS: +2348022417409, Whatsapp: +2348022417409, Email: Report@safetyrecordng.com

2 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY