Experts Call For Improvement of OSH Data Collection Capacity

  Safety experts have harped on the need for companies to improve their capacity to collect and utilise reliable Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) data. They noted that OSH data is indispensable for setting priorities and measuring progress at organisations, in detection of hazards and risk, the development of OSH preventive programmes, and the identification […]

Suicide: More People Are Seeking Professional Help – Psychologist

  A lecturer in the Department of Psychology, Lagos State University, Mr Benjamin Olabimitan, has disclosed that more depressed people have been seeking professional help in the wake of public outcry generated by the recent increase in suicide cases in Nigeria. He made this known in an exclusive chat with Our Community Newspaper in his […]

Son Apprehends Engine Oil Counterfeiters

  The Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) has nabbed a syndicate that specialises in adulteration of engine oil for sale to unsuspecting members of the public. The Director General of SON, Osita Aboloma said that the arrest took place at tipper garage, in the Jahi area of Abuja, with SON operation team sealing the premises […]

IOSH Nigeria Elects Excos

  The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Nigeria Informal Network group has elected ten executive officers to take charge of the group’s activities. The election, which took place at the group’s April network meeting that held on April 8 at Protea Hotels, Ikeja-Lagos, is part of conditions set by the international safety body […]

Snapchat Hackers: 5 Ways to Protect Your Family

  In 2014, photo sharing service Snapchat ran afoul of hackers after the company claimed it had no knowledge of any security vulnerabilities. To prove that such loopholes existed, attackers lifted the usernames and phone numbers of 4.6 million Snapchat users and made them available on a public website. Although the site was immediately taken […]

Danger of Exposure to Fumes

  Few days ago a female final year student of UNIZIK was killed by fumes from a generator in an unventilated room. In medical parlance, this is called carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a preventable medical emergency. When I perceive fumes from my neighbour’s gigantic old lister, carbon monoxide poisoning comes to mind […]