27 C
Lagos, NG
Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Candlelight Razes Building, ‘Property worth Millions’ In Enugu

fire
A building and property worth over millions of naira were on Tuesday destroyed when a fire believed to have been caused by candlelight razed down a building housing tenants and shops. The incident occurred in the university town of Nsukka, Enugu State. It was gathered that the fire, which started around 8:30 p.m., was as a result of a candle left...

Suicide: Safety Expert Joins Call For Regulation Of ‘Sniper’

Hybrid Group CEO, Dapo Omolade
The Managing Consultant, Hybrid Group, Mr Dapo Omolade, has joined calls for stringent control of distribution of popular insecticide Sniper and other hazardous chemicals in homes and industries. This, some experts have said, would help check the rate of suicides in the country. Omolade, who is a notable safety professional, made the call in a tweet on Monday, June 17. He was...

Boy, 7, Steps On Abandoned Well Covered With Sacks, Drowns

  A seven-year-old boy, Godwin Samuel, Orepeju Close in the Akowonjo area of Lagos on Saturday, lost his life after falling into a well. It was gathered that Godwin left his parents’ residence to play on the street. While playing, he reportedly fell into the well at 6 Orepeju Close, off Olasehinde Crescent, Akowonjo, Lagos. It was learnt that at the time of...

Safety Expert Champions Crusade Against Generator Use In Homes

  A safety expert, Mr Kalu Ottah, has joined the call to discourage use of generating sets within the home. He said using a generator within the home could be an open invitation to disaster and warned against the practice. Ottah made this known against the backdrop of a Tuesday, June 19 incident in Edo State where a woman and five children...

SON Begins Surveillance Of Gas Cylinders, LPG Containers

“The root causes of cooking gas cylinders/LPG vessels explosions or accidents, with its collateral damage are traceable to inadequate public awareness and poor knowledge on quality requirements,

Dust mite harmful to children – Safety expert warns parents

dust mite
A safety expert, Dr Okunola Olusola, has urged parents to reduce their children’s exposure to household dust to avoid weakening their respiratory system. Olusola, the Deputy Director of World Safety Organisation (WSO), Nigeria Office, disclosed this on Thursday, April 4 in Lagos. He said that parents must keep curtains and windows clean at home to reduce their children’s contact with dust. The...
- Advertisement -

MOST POPULAR

HOT NEWS