26 C
Lagos, NG
Friday, May 24, 2019

Dust mite harmful to children – Safety expert warns parents

dust mite
A safety expert, Dr Okunola Olusola, has urged parents to reduce their children’s exposure to household dust to avoid weakening their respiratory system. Olusola, the Deputy Director of World Safety Organisation (WSO), Nigeria Office, disclosed this on Thursday, April 4 in Lagos. He said that parents must keep curtains and windows clean at home to reduce their children’s contact with dust. The...

Candlelight Razes Building, ‘Property worth Millions’ In Enugu

fire
A building and property worth over millions of naira were on Tuesday destroyed when a fire believed to have been caused by candlelight razed down a building housing tenants and shops. The incident occurred in the university town of Nsukka, Enugu State. It was gathered that the fire, which started around 8:30 p.m., was as a result of a candle left...

Boy, 7, Steps On Abandoned Well Covered With Sacks, Drowns

  A seven-year-old boy, Godwin Samuel, Orepeju Close in the Akowonjo area of Lagos on Saturday, lost his life after falling into a well. It was gathered that Godwin left his parents’ residence to play on the street. While playing, he reportedly fell into the well at 6 Orepeju Close, off Olasehinde Crescent, Akowonjo, Lagos. It was learnt that at the time of...

Safety Expert Champions Crusade Against Generator Use In Homes

  A safety expert, Mr Kalu Ottah, has joined the call to discourage use of generating sets within the home. He said using a generator within the home could be an open invitation to disaster and warned against the practice. Ottah made this known against the backdrop of a Tuesday, June 19 incident in Edo State where a woman and five children...
- Advertisement -

MOST POPULAR

HOT NEWS