How You May Be ‘Killing’ Your Child – Medical Expert

  The Director of Clinical Services, Babcock University Teaching Hospital, Dr John Obafemi Sotunsa has warned parents against giving children high-calorie, high-fat food, saying it leads to child obesity which has been found to be a major cause of diabetes and cardiac-related complications. He disclosed this while delivering a lecture at the American Society of […]

FRSC Boss Decry Motorists Attack on Officials

  The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps, Boboye Oyeyemi has lamented increasing rate of violence by motorists against the corps’ officials. He made this known Friday, March 24 in an address delivered at the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), Nigeria chapter 2017 Safety Summit which held at Lagos Oriental Hotel, Lekki. […]

WSO Nigeria Expands World Safety Event to Six Locations

    The World Safety Organisation (WSO), National Office for Nigeria has explained its decision to hold its 2017 World Day for Safety and Health at Work event in six locations across the country as against three locations in 2016. The President of WSO Nigeria Office, Mr Soji Olalokun disclosed in a Thursday, March 16 […]

Fire Guts NAFDAC Lagos Office

  A section of the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) office in Oshodi, Lagos was on Saturday, March 18 gutted by fire. According to Director, Lagos State Fire Services, Mr Razak Fadipe, the fire commenced around 3.30pm but no life was lost and no injury was recorded. He said five […]

Adam-Otite Faults Suspension, Insists He Remains ISPON Registrar

  The suspended Registrar of the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON), Mr Benson Adam-Otite has faulted his indefinite suspension by the institute, saying he remains the substantive Registrar. Adam-Otite was allegedly suspended at a February 7, 2017 emergency meeting of the Governing Board of the institute which held in Lagos. Safety Record Newspaper […]

Identity Theft Prevention Tips For Facebook Users

  Identity theft protection is a must for all computer users, and that extends to social media such as Facebook. Because of the very nature of social networking sites — where people are encouraged to share personal information — users are automatically at risk of becoming victims of identity theft. Facebook users should be aware […]

Danger of Exposure to Fumes

  Few days ago a female final year student of UNIZIK was killed by fumes from a generator in an unventilated room. In medical parlance, this is called carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide poisoning is a preventable medical emergency. When I perceive fumes from my neighbour’s gigantic old lister, carbon monoxide poisoning comes to mind […]