In light of recent fire outbreaks, the General Manager, Nasarawa Energy Power Agency (NaEPA), Mr. Abubakar Ango, has cautioned Nasarawa residents against using inferior electrical appliances.

He issued this warning on Thursday in Lafia, the state capital.

Ango also cautioned residents in the state against engaging incompetent electricians.

The General Manager pointed out that the use of substandard electrical appliances was the leading cause of fire outbreaks in the state.

He explained that his agency was doing its part in sensitising residents on the issue.

“If you are not experienced, you will not know the differences between genuine and fake electrical materials.

“We emphasise on these steps to be taken by the public because electrical hazards are very dangerous.

“It takes only minutes for properties worth millions to be destroyed when there is a fire outbreak.

“So, I advise residents to patronise skilled technicians because they have the knowledge to differentiate between standard and substandard electrical materials,” Ango said.

Read Also: Kebbi Governor Donates N16m To Fire Victims

Let us know

Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2348022417409 facebook: @SafetyRecordNG Twitter: @SafetyRecordNG, Share your story with us: SMS: +2348022417409, Whatsapp: +2348022417409, Email: Report@safetyrecordng.com

LEAVE A REPLY