A couple and their son, on Wednesday, lost their lives in a fatal auto accident that occurred in the Olokuta area on the Ondo-Akure Expressway in the Akure South Local Government Area of Ondo State.

It was gathred that the driver of the truck that killed the victims whose identities are yet to be determined, took to his heels immediately after the incident.

According to an eyewitness, the accident occurred around 8am and involved a black Toyota Corolla car with number plate FGB 940 AA, and a blue truck with number plate LND 274 XP.

The eyewitness explained that the two vehicles had a head-on collision as they were going in opposite directions when the accident occurred.

“We heard a loud sound and when we got to the scene, we saw the car under the truck; it took the efforts of the men of the Federal Road Safety Corps to remove the trapped victims under the truck, “the eyewitness said.

When contacted, the Sector Commander of the FRSC in Ondo State, Mr Rotimi Adeleye, confirmed the accident, saying the driver of one of the vehicles lost control and collided with the other coming in the opposite direction.

“Three people died in the accident – a man, a woman and a boy – while the driver of the truck could not be found. It was the car that swerved off its lane to collide with the truck that was coming from the other direction.” Adeleye said.

The FRSC boss also stated that the remains of the victims had been deposited in the mortuary of the Ondo State Specialists Hospital, Akure.

According to him, some dangerous weapons found in the suspects’ possession, include 16 locally-made guns, 17 cutlasses, 13 knives and charms.

He added that seven mobile telephone handsets and the sum of N27, 820 were also found on the suspects.

Joseph said, “The joint task force code named: ‘Operation Crime Free’, acting on a tip-off, arrested six suspected kidnappers at Emure junction via Owo, where they had gathered together in a suspicious manner.

“They also had some food items, pieces of clothing and items suspected to be charms. They could not give satisfactory accounts of their mission even though they claimed to be coming from Kebbi State.”

The PPRO said the command had commenced investigation into the matter.

He appealed to the residents of the state to always supply security agents with useful information on the activities of hoodlums in their environment, adding that the issue of security should not be left in the hands of the security agents alone.

Let us know

Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: +2348022417409 facebook: @SafetyRecordNG Twitter: @SafetyRecordNG, Share your story with us: SMS: +2348022417409, Whatsapp: +2348022417409, Email: Report@safetyrecordng.com

LEAVE A REPLY